So this has been planned for quite a while and I’m finally starting it now. Ishibumi’s recent twitter post has informed us that volume 21 of High School DxD will be out next month in March. I’ll be finishing V20 very soon, then resuming Shinmai Maou, but I’ll probably have some time for one volume of another novel before I get my hands on a source for V21. So here’s a poll of the 35+ novels which were on my requests page.
I’d just like to gauge the popularity of the various novels which have gotten onto that list to help me decide on what to translate next. Of course, I reserve the final decision as I’ll have to find a source and raws, as well as its current status and how much catch-up reading I’ll need to do. I know I’d have a hard time picking something out of that list, which is why I’m sort of shifting that on to you 😉 But, due to limitations of my polling plugin, you’ll only be able to choose two novels when you vote, so choose wisely 🙂
Edit: Let me know if you do have any news about the status of some of these novels. I wasn’t bothered to look them all up. The reason why I’ve removed some novels is because they’re either already up to date and do not require my attention or there’s already a translation team making good progress on it.
Edit 2: I will not be adding anything else onto the poll now. I’m going to assume that if it wasn’t already on there, it’s not going to get enough votes. Thank you for updating me on the status of some of these novels. I’ll leave this and see how it goes now before I compile a shortlist and then make a decision.
Edit 3: The votes have pretty much plateaued and have become stable so I’m closing this off early. Sorry for the disappointment GATE fans, I have the same problem as Skythewood so I won’t be able to do it. So top 10:
- Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
– Stalled project on B-T
– Skipped/incomplete volumes for translation (2-3, 9-11)
– Both Japanese and Chinese raws available
- Sekai no Owari no Encore
– Idle project on B-T
– Five volumes released. One and part of the second are translated.
– Japanese raws available. Taiwanese published volumes 1-3 on my bookshelf.
- Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
– Not a B-T project yet
– Web & light novel. Two or three volumes released. None translated?
– Japanese raws available. Chinese has 2 volumes.
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sō Desu yo?
– Currently being translated
– Less than 4 incomplete volumes
– 3 active translators
- Seiken Tsukai No World Break
– Teaser project on B-T, not updated for a year
– One volume complete, out of ten released
– Japanese raws available. 7-8 volumes available in Chinese
- Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi
– Halted project on B-T
– Five, partial sixth volumes complete, out of twenty released
– Japanese and Chinese raws available for all volumes
- Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru!
– No B-T project
– Web novel, translated by various groups/people
– Light novel as well?
– Japanese raws probably available, Chinese has 2 volumes
- Infinite Stratos
– Stalled B-T project
– Eight of ten released volumes translated
– Japanese raws available. Chinese up til v9
- Magi Craft Meister
– No B-T project?
– Five LN volumes, originally a WN.
– Japanese probably available. Chinese up to v3 I think
– Is a project on B-T
– Five volumes, currently being translated by Eternal Dreamer/Nanodesu & CanonRap. Last update October 2015.
– Japanese and Chinese available.
I’ll let you know what I end up deciding on soon…
Light Novel Popularity
- !**Gate – Thus the JSDF Fought There ---REMOVED (21%, 1,165 Votes)
- Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica (6%, 362 Votes)
- Sekai no Owari no Encore (6%, 315 Votes)
- Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (5%, 279 Votes)
- Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sō Desu yo? (5%, 263 Votes)
- Seiken Tsukai No World Break (4%, 217 Votes)
- Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi (3%, 191 Votes)
- !**Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan ---REMOVED (3%, 179 Votes)
- Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! (3%, 163 Votes)
- Infinite Stratos (3%, 153 Votes)
- !**Date A Live ---REMOVED (3%, 148 Votes)
- !**Musaigen no Phantom World ---REMOVED (3%, 144 Votes)
- Magi Craft Meister (2%, 133 Votes)
- Fate/Apocrypha (2%, 128 Votes)
- Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de (2%, 116 Votes)
- Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend (2%, 103 Votes)
- Zero no Tsukaima (2%, 95 Votes)
- Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai (2%, 92 Votes)
- Fate/Prototype (2%, 89 Votes)
- !**Campione! ---REMOVED (2%, 89 Votes)
- Hidan no Aria (2%, 86 Votes)
- !**Oda Nobuna no Yabou ---REMOVED (1%, 81 Votes)
- Sayonara Ryuusei Konnichiwa Jinsei (1%, 77 Votes)
- Hundred (1%, 77 Votes)
- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (1%, 73 Votes)
- Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan (1%, 69 Votes)
- !**Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai ---REMOVED (1%, 68 Votes)
- Absolute Duo (1%, 65 Votes)
- Rune Troopers (1%, 55 Votes)
- Konjiki no Moji Tsukai (1%, 52 Votes)
- Kenshin no Keishousha (1%, 51 Votes)
- Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi (1%, 46 Votes)
- Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden (1%, 39 Votes)
- Ore to Kanojo ga Geboku de Dorei de Shuujuu Keiyaku (1%, 38 Votes)
- One Turn Kill of The Dark Partisan (1%, 33 Votes)
- Risou no Himo Seikatsu (1%, 30 Votes)
- Hybrid X Heart (1%, 29 Votes)
- Swords and Wizards (0%, 27 Votes)
- Commushou no Ore ga, Koushou Skill ni Zenfurishite Tenseishita Kekka (0%, 25 Votes)
- Garudeina Oukoku Koukoku Ki (0%, 22 Votes)
- Asobi ni Iku yo! (0%, 20 Votes)
- Shiro no Koukoku Monogatari (0%, 19 Votes)
- Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara (0%, 19 Votes)
- !**The Reunion With Twelve Fascinating Goddesses ---REMOVED (0%, 18 Votes)
- Yomigaeri no Maou (0%, 17 Votes)
- Ore to Kawazu (0%, 16 Votes)
- !**Magika No Kenshi To Shoukan Maou ---REMOVED (0%, 8 Votes)
- Majin Tenseiki (0%, 6 Votes)
- Seiju no Kuni no Kinju Tsukai (0%, 6 Votes)
- H+P ‐ひめぱら (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,535
Poll closes on the
1st of March , UTC +10 at midnight.